 Space / 15820
Re: Introducing the Moonbase Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 15:22:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Mike Petrucelli" <lordi@erols.com> wrote in message
news:GzvqCn.II@lugnet.com...
What if someone made a
super module using four 48x48 baseplates and had eight corridors (two on
each
side?) Even a long module on two baseplates, or and 'L' shaped module on
three
baseplates.  Working out the Geometrics for smaller baseplates would be
interesting as well.

Yup we've discussed stuff like that.  It would certainly be interesting down
the road but for now (to keep it as focused as possible in the beginning) we
would like to focus on the single 48x48 baseplate modules.

I really don't see why the above suggestion should be shot down.  As long as
the borders of the baseplates conform to the original 48x48 standard (i.e.
tunnel connectors in the center of at least some of the 48 stud long sides), it
will still plug right into anyone else's 48x48 baseplates.

Jeff