 Robotics / NXT / 966 (-100)
  Re: Mindstorms NXT 1.1

There has been an according post on THE NXT STEP one week ago ((URL) a lot of comments of users there state that they have received it free of charge. I also do not understand why it is not available in Germany - that's ludicrous for an (...) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Power Functions presentation

(...) I did it, I'll try to update my page with some internal photos. (...) The battery box delivers power through power lines (used by IR receiver) if the switch is not in neutral position, and C1 C2 whose polarity depends on switch position (and (...) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mindstorms NXT 1.1

(...) You are not alone thinking that: (URL) there are indeed a lot of improvements: (URL) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions presentation

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JpHqA1.FM@lugnet.com... (...) built internally? Your page seemed to suggest that someone had actually taken them apart, but there was no more information on there. Apart from the obvious (...) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic)

  Mindstorms NXT 1.1

Hi, I don't think I've seen it here yet, but apparently LEGO is finally releasing version 1.1 of the NXT software. It will be available on Shop@Home: (URL) So far it seems it's not available in all countries yet, but a phone call might work. To me (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  robo soccer

I wonder if there is anyone who has experience with the following book: RoboCup 2002: Robot Soccer World Cup VI (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) I have a group of students are working on robosoccer game using nxt with RobotC. Recommendation? (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) You are right, the main limitation probably comes from wall wart... You are essentially right for the 0.7A current (though it is not hard limit, rather a safety one). Philo (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The Australian LEGO wall wart is marked 10V @ 7VA on the secondary. I don't recall all the stuff I learnt about the relationship between VA and W, but that seems to me to indicate about 0.7A. I believe this generally reduces as load increases, (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) At BayLTC we usually run four train motors on one loop using stock Controller with a 1.2 amp wall wart. Bruce (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) The linear regulator inside is a 1.5A version if I remember well, but I may be wrong. Cross posted to lugnet.trains trying to get train guru opinion... Philo (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Philo kindly corrected me, pointing out that the NXT outputs are regulated down to 1 A, so you couldn't run a dual-truck train all the way to stall. You could still get a good bit of the way there, however. Does anyone know what the peak (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Ah, thank you - so running two stalled train motors would exceed the NXT output, but running one train motor up to a stall conditions should be fine. Out of curiosity, along with the output limitations on the NXT (1 A) and RCX (500 mA), does (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Some precisions here: - NXT stall current is 2A but only for a short time: internal thermal protection will trip at a current much lower than that (exact value depends on temperature and overload duration). A practical value is about 1A - NXT (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) So it sounds like a single loop should be no problem under most situations, since I'm not sure I've heard of anyone running three motors on a single train (there's the same issue with how much amperage a power regulator can push). (...) It (...) (17 years ago, 8-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Stalled, the train motor pulls 950 mA, while the stall current of the NXT motor is a whopping 2 Amps. So a single NXT motor output should easily handle a twin-engine train loaded to the point where it stalls the engine(s)... there's the matter (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Fair enough, but clearly the idea has sparked some interest, so I'm sure I'll see it get put into use at some point. (...) The ports may be able to pour out power, as you say, but I'd say it's equally well established that large trains with (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) As Ross mentioned, I was focused more on the "future" of trains, and if it's going to be done in LEGO, it looks like it will be done without conductive track. (...) Absolutely, but you could do better. Run a single loop off a single output, (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) I believe the options being discussed were in relation to the use of non-metal track, which is all that will be produced by LEGO in the foreseeable future. ROSCO (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Oh, for shame, Brian. Letting me think up an option that you passed right over (and a really cool one at that). With the legacy converter cables, you could power the _track_ with an NXT. Hook the track up as if it was a motor, using the (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

(...) Not exactly, that I know of, *yet*... The biggest problem in running a train would be hiding the NXT - I saw only one good solution to hiding the RCX in a boxcar, and the NXT is bigger, as are the motors. You could use an old motor (or even a (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: The Future of Trains

In lugnet.lego, Scott Wardlaw wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Has anyone adapted two NXT units to drive a train yet? One NXT as a controller talks bluetooth to the other NXT that drives the train. The NXT that drives the train could be either attached to (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  eZCIRCUITS #2 Is Available

Hi All, I've just posted another eZCIRCUITS to my blog (URL). This application will show how to build a Bumper Sensor-Switch with the help of the LEGO NXT for mobile robots and mechatronics platforms. Enjoy!!! Don W. (17 years ago, 22-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Hi Ralph, WOW, great work!!! It works perfectly... Some additional notes and documentation about storing Lua programs at flash memory is available at: (URL) for your excellent support Christian (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

(...) Thanks Matthias. That's just the kind of thread I was looking for. -Paul (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

(...) Yes, this helps a lot. I'll definitely check out your book when it comes out. Thanks! -Paul (17 years ago, 20-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT's in Series

(...) Here's one way: Use NXC or NBC. Pair a secondary NXT to a the primary NXT on connection 1 using the menu system on the primary NXT. Control the outputs on the secondary NXT using RemoteSetOutputState in a program running on the primary NXT. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

Paul, have a look here: (URL) Matthias Zitat von "Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

(...) Hi Paul, This website has some free building instructions for robots that can be built from the pieces in one NXT set: (URL) new book has some building instructions for robots that can also be built from the pieces in one NXT set: (URL) my new (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

(...) I tried it and it was painless. I made a typo in entering the "Path" field which took a while to figure out; otherwise it worked like a charm. Overall score: very good / satisfied. Please don't take the following as criticism -- you asked for (...) (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Any Good Fan Instructions Using Only One NXT Set?

Any good books or fansites out there with instructions for neat stuff you can make with just the parts in one Mindstorms NXT set? Thanks! (17 years ago, 19-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

Christoph, That's great! I've posted an according entry to THE NXT STEP blog: (URL) Matthias Zitat von Christoph Bartneck <christoph@bartneck.de>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  step-by-step tutorial leJOS and Eclipse

Hello, We created step-by-step instructions on how to install and run Java on your LEGO Mindstorms NXT using leJOS and Eclipse: (URL) hope that his is helpful to you and maybe you can even report back possible improvements. Enjoy, Christoph (17 years ago, 18-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: First Impressions: LDD 2.0 and building with Technic elements from NXT.

(...) Granted, meshing gears is awful. You have to place the gears on axles with space between them, rotate one with hinge tool until they could match, then move the rotated gear and axle in meshing position. And trying to modify a gear ration in an (...) (17 years ago, 16-Sep-07, to lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Normally we should start our 2007/2008 robot projects this Fall. PbLua definitely is on the list of being tested. (17 years ago, 13-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Claude, thanks for the encouragement. I remember exchanging notes with you on pbForth, and I'll bet your students are as bright as ever. If you have a spare NXT and a motivated student it would be really interesting to see what they think :-) (...) (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

(...) Way cool ! Exciting ! (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  New pbLua Beta13o - Now with FLASH Writing!

All of you that have been helping to test pbLua.... I have released another Beta of pbLua - and it's got FLASH writing (and reading) goodness in it. (URL) It does not yet have the ability to boot from a string in FLASH but it's very close. The (...) (17 years ago, 12-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ultrasonic Sensor iS "Slow"

(...) The 15 ms that John reported is the time it takes for a sound pulse to travel 500 mm, the round trip distance at the maximum advertised range of the US sensor. An interesting coincidence? Roger Glassey (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Ultrasonic Sensor iS "Slow"

Original Thread title was "Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed". I've renamed as worth a separate thread. (...) You're right!! If you poll the sensor too fast, it definitely reports wrong distances. I'm doing some (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT-G/ROBOTC Firmware Scheduler and Clump Priority

Holy cow! This is fun to read... I wish I have the time to further discuss this regarding the events handling with nxt. Follow up later. Thanks for such detailed info. --Elizabeth -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) I want to list both. First, the one-to-one mapping, and second (with some explanation) the code with a second task. Several other pieces of software have an "optimized" version of code, and it makes sense to do the same for NBC. Steve (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G/ROBOTC Firmware Scheduler and Clump Priority

Wow! Very interesting posting. Thanks for revealing that, Dick! Zitat von Dick Swan <dickswan@sbcglobal.net>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT-G/ROBOTC Firmware Scheduler and Clump Priority

In a typical operating system (OS), tasks are scheduled on a priority basis. The highest priority task always executes ahead of lower priority tasks. If there are multiple tasks at the highest priority, then they are typically executed in a round (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction

(...) After tuning, NBC achieved 73K test cycles. It achieved these great results by setting the task "priority" to 200. Unfortunately, unless the NXT-G task scheduler has been rewritten, these results might be a little too high. A NXT-G task (or (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) Nobody cheated or is dishonest. Everyone who writes firmware for the NXT is well-intentioned "good" people. Let's not mislabel good modern programming practice -- i.e. hardware device drivers integrated into the low-level firmware -- as (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) I think I understand. In this case, the limiting factor is the US sensor itself, how fast it can ing and interprete a return. Or from my standpoint (a physicist), it's a fundemental limitation of the physics of sound, not a limitation that has (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) The errors that occur are that the sensor does not properly report variable distances as it is positioned at varying distances from an obstacle. If you slow down the read rate then it works correctly (i.e., with a wait of ~15 ms between read (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua GUI ???

(...) I forgot the screenshot ;-) (URL) me: which of the connected NXTs is real ? One of this NXTs is software only (pbLuaAPI). Bye Christian (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua GUI ???

(...) New Eclipse version EUROPA (3.3) with LuaEclipse, RSE Target Management, RXTX and pbLuaAPI works excellent with pbLua ! You have direct access to all serial connected NXTs (Bluetooth and USB) from the Eclipse Workbench. A perfect professional (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

Hi Dick, (...) actually I2C runs at something close to 12kHz in the LEGO firmware (I forgot the exact value). Jürgen (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Electronics Prototyping with the LEGO NXT

Hi Folks, I've been exploring various ways to use the LEGO NXT in enhancing electronics through Robotics and I've just posted a short video on the subject matter at my blog (URL). I'll be writing an eZCIRCUITs application note on the construction (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) I wasn't aware of this firmware limitation. I could not duplicate it when using the ROBOTC firmware. I've done three different test runs of 500K messages each with perfect results each time. Each test run used a different sensor. The delay (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  leJOS NXJ 0.4.0 is Released

NXJ version 0.4.0 now includes a full suite of graphical widgets in the java.microedition.lcdui package, a multi-level menu system, wireless NXT to NXT communications using Bluetooth, primitive wav file sound support, and many more enhancements. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua GUI ???

(...) This is starting to look pretty promising as a standard IDE. I will do my part and install Eclipse here and get the instructions updated from Christian's instructions. Once we get a decent IDE the pbLua system may be almost ready for "everyone (...) (17 years ago, 3-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua GUI ???

(...) ;-) currently I'm extending Eclipse with simple terminalprogram and pbLuaAPI... With pbLuaAPI-Wrapper(maps pbLua nxt.* to native Lua routines) you can test and run pbLua code at local PC before transfering to NXT... Christian (17 years ago, 3-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua GUI ???

Zitat von Christian Mock <chrimo-@-moccy.xdsnet.de>: (...) pbLua/NXT support there is rather sparse, isn't? Matthias "why don't I do that myself, though?" ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 3-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction

I can further manipulate the numbers for this timing test by using the enhanced standard firmware's support for adjusting a thread's priority. Here's the results when I tweak priorities: W/O LCD LCD Priorities ---...--- 50617 22608 40/5 63211 27375 (...) (17 years ago, 2-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction

(...) So if I cheat I can move the I2C transaction out of the actual timing loop (which may be what some other folks are doing, effectively) then with a "read" of the Ultrasonic sensor value in the loop and all sensors and motors attached I get (...) (17 years ago, 2-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction

(...) Nearly all of the speed test numbers on Steve's page are wrong. That's because Steve's loop boils down to "how fast can you reliably read the LEGO Ultrasonic Sensor". You can't reliably read a value from that device faster than about once (...) (17 years ago, 2-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction

My bad. When I fiddled with the pbLua code I forgot to turn on the motors and neglected to change the Motor A speed. So when you ran the program, the motors didn't move. I also had uploaded the wrong version to my web site of the version that shows (...) (17 years ago, 1-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua GUI ???

Hi, do you think pbLua needs an IDE/GUI for development ? Normaly, pbLua just needs a working terminal emulation for development... BUT, I've learned from Lego-NXT-Users: that's not enough, NBC/NXC has "bricxcc" !!! pbLua has more than ONE GUI for (...) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 13c Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:46D819C6.700000...mts.com... (...) Ralph, Feel free to pull and reformat the code. You should be the primary credit. I just fiddled around, and I expect that a bit of tweaking by you will (...) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 13c Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

(...) Walt, Thanks a LOT for updating the example. Do you mind if I pull the code from your site, reformat if necessary and include it in the test code section of my distribution? You will, of course, retain primary credit in the source file. This (...) (17 years ago, 31-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Update: Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

(...) Thanks Steve for listing up LEJOS OSEK too! LEJOS OSEK V1.04 also supports Bluetooth based data logging with NXT GamePad. (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Update: Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

(...) That's easy. I was updating the page, and when I got about 90% done, Visual Studio crashed, so I had to start over. It would appear the second time through, I skipped that. :) Thanks for checking Steve (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Update: Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

(...) Hi Steve, why are pbLua BT-states for NXT->NXT and NXT->PC marked as "NOT YET" ? Thanks for your work Bye Christian (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Update: Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

I just updated a bunch of things on the NXT Software page. (URL) to everyone who has posted updated stats. Steve (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 13c Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

(...) I've clocked some of the blocks in 1.1 to compare against similar measurements I did in 1.0, and find a speed increase of rouhgly 30-40% or so. Some blocks do even better than this, but some don't speed up as much. There's almost certainly a (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: pbLua Beta 13c Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

(...) These numbers are quite good. pbLUA is fast. Walt: thanks for doing the analysis. Now that NXT-G 1.1 is out, I wonder how fast it runs. Faster execution performance was one of the features in this release. Perhaps someone can do this (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Beta 13c Team Hassenplug NXT Software Comparison Results

The Team Hassenplug web site has an NXT Software Comparison at (URL) to help people compare features of different programming languages. The pbLua Beta 13c distribution includes steveTest.txt which was written by Ralph Hempel so pbLua could be (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: already stumped by NXC :(

Maybe you just need an NXT browser (universal binary; bluetooth only): (URL) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: already stumped by NXC :(

OK, I've already found part of the answer (shortly after posting, of course...). It appears that the "nbc" executable is both the NBC and the NXC compiler. I still can't find any documentation for how to use it, but if you invoke it with a "-help" (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  already stumped by NXC :(

OK, NXC sounds great, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to obtain it, or how I would use it once I had it. Note that I'm on Mac OS X, so (for example) the tutorial by Daniele Benedettelli doesn't do me any good, since it only describes (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Newbie Q's about development environments

Thanks, everyone, this is very helpful. (Thanks to Steve especially for that very handy comparison table.) I should have mentioned up front that I'm using a Mac, so that rules out a couple of otherwise interesting options. But NXC looks like a good (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NYC Mindstorms NXT Meet-up

I have the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT ROBOTICS SET and since I'm so "into it", my father and I were thinking we could start up a Lego MindStorms NXT Meet up group/club in New York City where we could meet once a month (or every other month), build, (...) (17 years ago, 27-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Newbie Q's about development environments

(...) And even beyond this, John has added some enhancements to the FW, so that it will target the standard FW or the modified FW that John has built things into. Correct, John? (17 years ago, 24-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Newbie Q's about development environments

(...) NXC provides all the features available to you in NXT-G, including all the items you mention, plus many that you cannot access in that programming language. It is freely available and it targets the standard NXT firmware. John Hansen (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Newbie Q's about development environments

If you go to Steve Hassenplug's site ((URL) you'll find a comparison of the various text based programming environments including NXC, ROBOTC, LUA, and JAVA. These solutions are all virtual machine based. ROBOTC has the fastest execution speed of (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Newbie Q's about development environments

(...) Joe, This may not answer your question, but hopefully, it will help narrow the field... (URL) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Newbie Q's about development environments

Hi all, I recently got an NXT and have been having a blast. The iconic programming environment is driving me up a tree, however. So I'm looking for something else, but I'd like to avoid evaluating them all -- thus I turn to you for advice. I'm also (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: mindstorms sdk

John, I regret to admit that, between work and this, 16 hrs a day and 7 days a week, I got so frustrated that files were deleted... I won't have time to reproduce it until next weekend. To put it shortly.... nxc_guide.pdf .. 3.13.3.... (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: mindstorms sdk

(...) Unfortunately, I have verified beyond any possible doubt that the comm module offsets in NBCCommon.h (as well as the offsets for all the other modules) are correct. I had really hoped that there was a bug here. What I did to verify the values (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: mindstorms sdk

(...) I think you might very well be right since some things just don't seem to work right for some folks who have tried that particular IOMap. But I haven't been able to find where it is off yet. Which offset were you trying to use? You need to (...) (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  mindstorms sdk

Would someone tell me the link to the sdk site where I can find the proper iomap . the one in the nxc guide.pdf seems to be off somewhere. we were playing with the comm. Module map,. the offset is off!!! Elizabeth (17 years ago, 21-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: pbLua Beta 13c Sumo program

(...) That's a great idea. My kids worked on an RCX based sumo bot last year in school, and just last week they were asking about using the NXT and the new motors. Maybe it's time to build a robot instead of write software all the time :-) (...) 1. (...) (17 years ago, 19-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Beta 13c Sumo program

I posted earlier about my first impressions of pbLua Beta 13c and some things I couldn't figure out, mainly having to do with numbers. Ralph Hempel promptly replied and some of the concepts are a bit over my head so I decided I should just plow (...) (17 years ago, 19-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT R/C Car Drifting (NXT GT)

(...) !!! Great !!! -- alf (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: File Error - what does it exactly mean?

(...) Well, I try to allocate all memory available for one big array and then deal with it using my own memory manager with C-like calls of malloc and free. It works fine, but I'd need to know how big this one array I can make while the program (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: File Error - what does it exactly mean?

(...) You've got 32k to work with for all variables of all types, including user-defined types and arrays. Every time you manipulate an array you use up more memory due to copying taking place in the VM. If you shared with me some information about (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: File Error - what does it exactly mean?

(...) But I am getting it when trying to allocate an array that is larger than the amount of heap available. And it seems there is no way of checking how much space remains free, so I have no way of preventing this File Error! from happening if I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT R/C Car Drifting (NXT GT)

(...) You might try the wheels of these vehicles: (2 URLs) are made from hard plastic. Congratulations for your work! Philo (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT R/C Car Drifting (NXT GT)

Hi, I just uploaded a video of a NXT Bluetooth R/C Car which is called "NXT GT". I've found many NXT based cars (includes R/C or non R/C) and a uniquie point of NXT GT is that we succeeded to make the NXT GT Drifting! (URL) The trick of NXT GT (...) (17 years ago, 17-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  robotc documentation

While I'm waiting a login to the RobotC forum, I wonder if anyone knows where I can find documentation. I looked at the robotc forum. One developer said software guide will be ready not at a cost "up to the Sensing part"?? What does that mean (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mobile Phone for pbLua Development

(...) I finally loaded pbLua into a brick and tested it with PocketPuTTY, my normal SSH client and it works great! It comes with a BSD license so is free to use. (URL) I am using PocketPuTTY 2007-02-28 dev build for WM2003. This version added serial (...) (17 years ago, 13-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  NXTAssembler 1.0 Alpha 4 and site

Hi, I have released the Alpha 4 of NXTAssemlber project. It contains a bugs fix and a new feature. I hope that this version can be used because is near to the first beta version (I suppose two or one alpha version after this) And I have published (...) (17 years ago, 12-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  FW: RotateMotorEx hangs

Thank you to both John and Roger, I'll try it out later next week. --Elizabeth -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of John Hansen Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:20 PM To: (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mobile Phone for pbLua Development

(...) I'm not sure what operating system is on your Treo, but I am running vxHpc on my Dell Axim which runs Windows Mobile 5. Details on vxHpc are at (URL) and screen shots of my setup are at (URL) It really is nice to be able to program from a PDA. (...) (17 years ago, 9-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RotateMotorEx hangs

(...) <snipped> The RotateMotor call is designed to block. If you don't want to block then you can write code almost exactly like what Roger wrote in Java using other NXC API calls. Like so: #define UF_TLSM UF_UPDATE_TACHO_LIMI...PDATE_MODE #define (...) (17 years ago, 8-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: RotateMotorEx hangs

(...) Hi Elizabeth: Here is how you could do it in Java: LightSensor eye = new LightSensor(SensorPort.S1); Motor.A.setSpeed(720); // 2 revolutions per second LCD.drawString("wait for dark",0,0); LCD.refresh(): Motor.A.rotate(3600,true); //rotate 10 (...) (17 years ago, 8-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Mobile Phone for pbLua Development

(...) This is so cool that I want to find a terminal emulator for my Treo 650! Does anyone know of a free one I can use, or shareware that works well enough to pay for it? Cheers, Ralph (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact