 Robotics / NXT / 913
Re: pbLua GUI ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 17:55:02 GMT

Christian Mock wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Matthias Paul Scholz wrote:
Zitat von Christian Mock <chrimo-@-moccy.xdsnet.de>:

pbLua has more than ONE GUI for platformindependant development.

1. Eclipse+LuaEclipse+nxt-api
http://www.eclipse.org/
http://luaforge.net/projects/luaeclipse/
Yes, but I tried it and I think it could need some enhancements -
pbLua/NXT support there is rather sparse, isn't?

Matthias "why don't I do that myself, though?"

;-)

currently I'm extending Eclipse with simple terminalprogram and pbLuaAPI...
With pbLuaAPI-Wrapper(maps pbLua nxt.* to native Lua routines) you can test and
run pbLua code at local PC before transfering to NXT...

This is starting to look pretty promising as a standard IDE. I will
do my part and install Eclipse here and get the instructions updated
from Christian's instructions.

Once we get a decent IDE the pbLua system may be almost ready for
"everyone else". I'm finalizing the basic filesystem design before
I go ahead and code it. It's a simple one with a flat file
system, all files are contiguous binary data, no special encoding
or spanning of blocks.

Then I'll add Christian's idea of ZMODEM transfer and things will be
really cool!

Cheers, Ralph