 Robotics / NXT / 907
906  |  908
Subject:
Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 17:58:21 GMT

My bad.  When I fiddled with the pbLua code I forgot to turn on the motors
and neglected to change the Motor A speed.  So when you ran the program, the
motors didn't move.  I also had uploaded the wrong version to my web site of
the version that shows all the displays in the loop.  The version I uploaded
only showed one.

New numbers are:
Loops per minute with all displays in the loop = 18K
Loops per minute with displays commented out = 31K

Code showing all the displays:
http://firstcoolbreeze.home.comcast.net/steveTest/steveTest13c.txt

Code with the displays commented out:
http://firstcoolbreeze.home.comcast.net/steveTest/steveTest13cNP.txt

I found this as I was testing the NXC speed test.  I had the brick connected
to Tribot and the motors started moving so I realized that my pbLua code
needed some work.

I can only get 1784 loops per minute on the NXC code, instead of the 4285
noted on the Team Hassenplug web site.

I tried commenting out the displays on the NXC code and got 1875 loops per
minute, but the NXT brick itself was updating the display with a changing
icon to show that a program was running, so it appears that there is no way
to stop the display action completely.

Walt White