 Robotics / NXT / 962
961  |  963
Subject:
Mindstorms NXT 1.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2007 19:31:39 GMT

Hi,

I don’t think I’ve seen it here yet, but apparently LEGO is finally releasing version 1.1 of the NXT software. It will be available on Shop@Home:

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=4524081

So far it seems it’s not available in all countries yet, but a phone call might work.

To me it’s a long-awaited release as it will at last support Intel Macs natively (which I suppose means improved speed but also full BT support); but I have to say I don’t like the price. I’ve already paid for a kit with software in it that didn’t fully support recent machines; and now to get a decent version I have to pay extra... I don’t like that.

Now maybe the new version has improvements I don’t know of (but then, maybe listing them would be a good thing); but still, what interests me most I get a patch which has been promised like one year ago.

I wanted to buy a second NXT kit, I guess I’ll wait until they ship it with the new version.

Thoughts on this, anyone?