 Robotics / NXT / 886
RE: mindstorms sdk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 02:28:30 GMT

John,

I regret to admit that, between work and this, 16 hrs a day and 7 days a
week, I got so frustrated that files were deleted... I won't have time to
reproduce it until next weekend.    To put it shortly....  nxc_guide.pdf ..
3.13.3.... CommOffsetBtDeviceTableName(p) (((p)*31)+8)... (((p)*31)+7) ...
WAIT!  Now, I don't remember if I was using RobotC or NXC. I was playing
with both.  I'll keep you updated in September.

--E

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of
John Hansen
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 7:13 PM
To: lugnet.robotics.nxt@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: mindstorms sdk

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, John Hansen wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:
Would someone tell me the link to the sdk site where I can find the • proper
iomap . the one in the nxc guide.pdf seems to be off somewhere. we were
playing with the comm. Module map,. the offset is off!!!

I think you might very well be right since some things just don't seem to • work
right for some folks who have tried that particular IOMap.  But I haven't • been
able to find where it is off yet.  Which offset were you trying to use?

Unfortunately, I have verified beyond any possible doubt that the comm
module
offsets in NBCCommon.h (as well as the offsets for all the other modules)
are
correct.  I had really hoped that there was a bug here.  What I did to
verify
the values that I calculated by hand was I had the NXT firmware write the
offset
values to files.  I examined those files and compared the values that the
firmware reported to the values I calculated.  They all matched up.

I did notice a single typo bug in the NXC Guide related to the comm module
offsets.  There are two lines that state 1549 as the offset value.  The
second
one obviously should be 1550.  The constant defined in NBCCommon.h used the
correct value.

Please could you elaborate on how you came to believe that the offset was
off
when you were playing around with the comm module IOMap?

John Hansen