 Robotics / NXT / 894
893  |  895
Subject:
already stumped by NXC :(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:45:17 GMT

OK, NXC sounds great, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to obtain
it, or how I would use it once I had it.  Note that I'm on Mac OS X, so (for
example) the tutorial by Daniele Benedettelli doesn't do me any good, since it
only describes using BricxCC, which is Windows-only.

The only downloads at the NBC/NXC site appear to be betas of NBC; I can't find
any for NXC.  The NBC download includes a readme.txt that describes NXC, but
doesn't mention where to get it or how to invoke it.

I downloaded the NXC Programmer's Guide, but this also doesn't mention anything
about obtaining, installing, or invoking NXC that I can find.  I also read the
NBC/NXC FAQ, but this contains only a couple of questions about NBC, and none at
all about NXC.

Assume I'm not interested in NBC, and just want to program in NXC.  Where do I
get it, and how do I use it?  (Not what do I put in a source file -- the
Programmer's Guide covers that -- but how do I compile that source file, and
download it to the NXT?)

Any clues will be appreciated.

Thanks,
- Joe