 Robotics / 7339
  Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

This was on (URL) NEWS - NEW LEGO Toys!! BY: Greg Edwards Here's a great list of upcoming Lego products thanks to Knight! Technic X-Wing Technic Darth Vader's TIE Fighter Battle Droid Minstorms kit Destroyer Droid Minstorms kit AT-AT Mindstorms kit (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Thanks for the post although I have a hard time believing some of this. I just can't see 4 Mindstorms sets (Just for Star Wars no less). Just seems like overkill to me and doubt that there would be that many. As far as the rest it seems (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Yeah, having 4 mindstorms kits and two technic sets sounds a bit much! (not that I'd complain if it's true!) Maybe it's just 1 or 2 more mindstorms kits that have multiple models? That'd be kinda like the one that features R2D2 and the battle (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

Hmmm. Anybody else out there thinking that there might not actually be a Slave I set for 2000? I'd love to see it, but it just doesn't seem to jive in my head as something that LEGO would do. Here are some of my thoughts: Slave I has very little (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

In lugnet.robotics, Shaun Sullivan writes: <snip> (...) The desert skiff wouldn't be too hard, assuming the pirate ship hull molds are still around. Some mods would be needed, but not a lot... Paul Sinasohn, who would buy them all. (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

Shaun Sullivan wrote in message <38038A63.5E1C@mit.edu>... (...) Consider that it has about 4 times the screen time that the Sith Infiltrator has though... (...) in some set that doesn't (...) Boba Fett has about the same screen time his ship does (...) (25 years ago, 12-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(Followups clipped cos this isn't robotics or technic anymore) (...) I think what we'd (hopefully) get with the Desert Skiff is a bunch of brown slopes. Checking out pictures and such, it realy doesn't look much like a pirate hull would be used at (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

My guess is that there´ll be a Slave I because: - it´s got a good size to be build as a modell (well a smaller scaled version) - we need more of the bad guys. One TIE is not enough for playing Star Wars - it looks cool, so it´ll sell good - we´ve (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Thanks. I too am a bit supprised they are doing a B-Wing but although the B-Wing did not get much screen time it has played a big role in many of the Star Wars Vidio Games that were release so therefore it is probably more recognizable to many (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Han wasn't wearing his vest when he was frozen in carbonite. . . my feeling is that there will be a slave I, and the promo catalog picture that we see of Han Solo is the minifig that will come with the Slave I and somehow have a carbonite (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases

(...) think (...) simple (...) Star (...) know (...) hopeful (...) means (...) feeling is (...) of Han (...) Yep, that's the only option. Those two minifigs come with a Slave I and Han will actually fit in the carbonite(kinda like the Adventurer's (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases

(...) Ever heard of "Darth Vader's Star Destroyer Playset"? Kenner didn't want to call the playset for the ship "The Executor". I don't know that they wouldn't call it Slave I, mind you, just that it is possible for them to change the name if they (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases

(...) They could call it "Boba Fett's Firespray", or just "Firespray". That is the class of ship it is afterall. Jeff "Girls really seem to like a guy in spandex." (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

Here's a disturbing Thought... <snip non-system stuff> (...) This is the "Leeked List" of Star Wars sets for next year. There are 5 Classic and 3 EP1 sets (although I don't know what this Kaadus set could possibly be). For those that are Classic (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) There wasn't a stormtrooper in the catalog scan, either. Looks bleak. (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) I don't know if anyone remembers this thread from a while back, but here it is: (URL) it was rumored at that time that a mini-fig pack would be released. I don't know if this rumor more reliable that this most recent one on theouterrim.com, (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases

(...) This would be possible. Did you look at the design of the sw boxes ? There are some lasers fireing but you never see where it comes from. Even the TIE/Y-wing set: the red laserbeams are not fired by th TIE. They build the models with laser (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

<snip> (...) This is my current best hope but that is also why I don't think Leia will be included in the MF set. I personally don't think that we will ever see Leia or Obi-Wan in the same set unless they do an "Escape From the Death Star" set. The (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Classic (...) Kaadus are the animals that Qui-Gonn et cetera were riding around on Tatooine. The main scene I can think of them being in offhand is the one where he rides back into town to get Anakin, and has a "pack" one behind him. He must (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Absolutely not. There is no way that this list is accurate. From what I hear, Lego is not doing any more Episode 1 sets at all. So you can cross off the AAT, MTT and the Two Kaadus right away. Also, multiple mindstorm sets? No possible way. To (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Well, there's the Mindstorms RIS + 2 expansions, + Cybermaster + Droid Developer Kit + Robotics Discovery Set. (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) LOL (almost ROFLOL) Good one :) Ryan (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Right, these are the two official expansions for Lego Mindstorms with the Mars Expedition on the way. That makes 3 total in 2 years. + Cybermaster This is a stand alone system, not Mindstorms. The rumored sets clearly say, "Mindstorm (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

actually those were eopies (sp?). The Kaadus were what the Gungans rode into battle. (...) be). (...) Anakin (...) one. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Huh. I thought maybe I was wrong. I wonder why they're packing Qui-Gonn with them, then. He never rode one... The closest he came to one was when Captain Tarpals arrested Jar-Jar at the gates to the underwater city. My guess is either it's (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) My guess is that the list that showed up at theouterrim.com is completely bogus. It just doesn't *sound* like a sensible mix of sets. James (URL) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Why do you say that? I'm sure that even if it is based in fact, there are some errors. For example, we *know* they are releasing the Millenium Falcon next year, but I think the list of 'figs it comes with is a little ambitious (at best). But (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) some (...) <snip of some very good points> I would agree with everything Eric J. said about the list of sets. We do have hard evidence for the Falcon and the B-Wing along with Boba Fett and vestless Han. If the list is true I would not be (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Because I'm a cynic, and it sounds too good to be true. :) Also, I find the odds of so many Mindstorms kits very slim. There is already a battledroid in the DDK, so another one seems odd. An AT-AT kit for mindstorms is a dream come true, but (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) If we get Stormtroopers, we're going to get blasters. In my opinion, the most exciting playset, minifig wise, would be a Bespin Playset - Stormtroopers, Vader, Han, Chewie, Leia, BobaFet, C3PO, Lando . . . who else? I don't know. . . I think (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Sure. But the person who got the leaked info might not know that. Early rumors for the R2D2 set called it a Mindstorms R2D2. Same thing, yeah? I'm not saying the rumor is accurate, just that where it says "Mindstorms", it might be fair to read (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases

(...) Umm /me bites lip to keep it sealed :^) See post #3 in .castle then look in post 2(1) for the reason why I cannot comment further(even tho I've seen more info about the SW sets than the castle :^) In other words *YES* to at least some of the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

James Simpson wrote in message ... (...) I understand having a massive R2 unit, and with just 1 child in the TPM sets, I see why they didn't worry about Anakin. For them to make Ewoks the same size as the minifigs would be a huge mistake. Nobody (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

Lorbaat wrote in message ... (...) because he and Anakin (...) When they first arrived on Tatooine, they walked to civilization. Qui Gon was just considering the safety of the animals and left them behind, they were leaving the planet anyway and (...) (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars Releases

(...) I doubt they'd go with "Bounty Hunter Ship" though - too generic. If they change the name, it'll probably be to something like "Boba Fett's Starship" or something else with the magic name "Boba Fett" in it... J (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Two words: skeet shooting Steve (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Mel Brooks: "I love my people... Pull!" Peasant: "Waaauuuuggghhhh!!!!!" Crossbow: [THUNK!!!] Mel: "It's _good_ to be the King!" (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Aww, shut up Steve, that would be cool :) I kinda like them. I though Wicket was cool. He still ranks 4th on my list of favorite characters. Ryan "Build or build not. There is no try." - Lego Master Yoda (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) What, skeet-shooting Wicket? That wouldn't be cool, it would be mean. Funny, but mean. Steve (25 years ago, 15-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) No, I meant having a hang gliding Wicket would be cool. Yeh, it would be mean(with a hint of fun). I like the little furball. Ryan (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) But the R2-D2 set (9748 Droid Development Kit) -is- a MindStorms set. It's just not an RCX-based MindStorms set. (LEGO MINDSTORMS is a whole division of TLG and a whole product line. The RCX is just one brick in a series.) MINDSTORMS != RCX (...) (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

(...) Yeah, actually, that was kinda my point; I just picked a bad example. (25 years ago, 17-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

Actually, SW Technic sets kind of makes sense from a marketing perspective, because it will introduce all of those Star Wars fanatics to ( possibly) a whole new branch of Lego. That is, Technic, instead of System. -Andy Lynch James Brown wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 19-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

Actually, now that stuff is leaking out, its starting to look scarily accurate. Now, where is that Jar Jar minifig, Iza hungry! But it doesn't say anything about the Flash speeder in there so, Im going to wait a little longer on eating that fig. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases

Lets re-cap the on the original post regarding SW LEGO 2000 rumours... It was obviously a very accurate rumour... Technic x-wing/Vader's TIE - actually USC x-wing and TIE interceptor Pit/Battle/Droideka Mindstorms - actually Technic Mindstorms AT-AT (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)