 Robotics / 5869
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:36:08 GMT

Hao-yang Wang wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, Dennis Clark writes:

(extra removed)

Pneumatics is for this kind of once-in-a-while tasks. For the continuous
operations, like the pneumatic engines, it cannot outperform the purely
electrical solutions except in the area of being cool.

Don't forget, at the actuation end, a pneumatic-based motor should
be liquid compatible, something the electric motors have a hard time
with.

Also, you can run the air lines quite far, so long as you are willing to
accept a delay in the action.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang