 Robotics / 139
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:34:27 GMT

Andy Bower wrote in message ...
What sort of gearing do you need to operate the switches from a motor? Do
you have any pictures of this assembly? I've often thought about trying it
but never got around to doing it since I assumed that the power would be
insufficient (or that it would wrench the bricks apart).

With a lot of fiddling I managed to get a worm gear directly attached to a
micromotor to operate the switch via a toothed plate. It made the whole assembly
fairly compact (3x12x5 or so), but slow and noisy. Because of that I've not
really tried a bigger motor at all.

I used the direct approach - attach the switch so the lever moves horizontally,
put a #1 angle connector on the end, an 6x1 or so beam on that. The Micromotor
needs a couple of 2x1 technic beams in front of it with the drive going through
them to the worm, which then lies along the toothed plate. The other and of that
plate has a 2 beam on it attached to the 6 beam above.

Moz