 Robotics / 5832
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:38:57 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Soh Chio Siong writes:
[snip]
Don't give up on pneumatics just yet.
[snip]

  Indeed don't!  There is no better way to get great power and speed at
the same time then the pneumatics.  With a worm gear you can get great
power, but not much speed, with the gears you can get great speed, but
not much power.  With the big cylinder you can get both.  Just like in
the real world, pneumatics (hydrolics) require a lot more support stuff
to keep them working.

IMO,
DLC