 Robotics / 5837
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 20:02:49 GMT

The picture on the Mindstorms set box is shot from a differnt angle, and from
that you can see the big air pump, with its spring still attached, is used in
the compressor.

Has anybody built this robot from the pictures? I always wonder how well the
compressor works.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang

I built a compressor with the large pump with the spring removed.  It
worked but it was too slow .  It took 3-4 minutes before enough pressure
was available to open a big piston just once.  The compressor had to be
geared very slow to provide enough torque to operate.

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net