 Robotics / 128
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:44:49 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote in message ...
Chris Moseley <moz1@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
So, yeah, pneumatics are powerful enough for most things. The problems are • 1:
you need a compressor to power them, which eats batteries; and 2: you need • a
(micro)motor and pneumatic switch for each output channel as well as the
pneumatic cylinder. Fredrik will not be doing this in his small, elegant

Hmmm. Given all that, maybe I'll just continue to pass on them.

Pneumatics are ok if you like them for the sake of it, for the sound of the
puffs, the impressive sight of all the tubes, the compressor collecting
pressure etc. If you just want to move something, other techniques need much
less overhead.

Eric Brok