 Robotics / 5828
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 03:43:21 GMT

I just bought my first cylinder and pump. Now I have to buy another one.
That motor is so cool. Got to build it. Thanks for the page of instructions.

Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

The Shop
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/

c s soh <cssoh@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics, Eric Brok writes:

Matthew Miller wrote in message ...
Chris Moseley <moz1@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
So, yeah, pneumatics are powerful enough for most things. The problems • are
1:
you need a compressor to power them, which eats batteries; and 2: you • need
(micro)motor and pneumatic switch for each output channel as well as • the
pneumatic cylinder. Fredrik will not be doing this in his small, • elegant

Hmmm. Given all that, maybe I'll just continue to pass on them.

Pneumatics are ok if you like them for the sake of it, for the sound of • the
puffs, the impressive sight of all the tubes, the compressor collecting
pressure etc. If you just want to move something, other techniques need • much
less overhead.

Eric Brok

Hello,

Don't give up on pneumatics just yet.