 Robotics / 143
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 20:34:53 GMT

Moz

With a lot of fiddling I managed to get a worm gear directly attached to a
micromotor to operate the switch via a toothed plate. It made the whole • assembly
fairly compact (3x12x5 or so), but slow and noisy. Because of that I've not
really tried a bigger motor at all.

I used the direct approach - attach the switch so the lever moves • horizontally,
put a #1 angle connector on the end, an 6x1 or so beam on that. The • Micromotor
needs a couple of 2x1 technic beams in front of it with the drive going • through
them to the worm, which then lies along the toothed plate. The other and of • that
plate has a 2 beam on it attached to the 6 beam above.

Thanks, I might give that a whirl.

Andy Bower