 Robotics / 5896
5895  |  5897
Subject:
www.legomindstorms.com/press/
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 19:29:53 GMT

All right, I got the Norwegian image link to work by switching browsers. But
I'm still having trouble with the first link. When I download the link
http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/ into a file, it contains the following:

    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.legomindstorms.com">

    </HEAD>

    <BODY bgcolor="#ffffff">

    &nbsp;

    </BODY>
    </HTML>

which is just a redirect page that makes the browser immediately jump to
http://www.legomindstorms.com -- which in fact it does. If you click on
http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/ it just goes to
http://www.legomindstorms.com/ . You can actually see
"http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/" appear in the Location: box at the top
of your browser for less than a second, and then immediately get replaced by
http://www.legomindstorms.com/ .This also has the consequence that you can no
longer get back to the previous page by clicking the "back" button because it
goes back to http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/ which immediately jumps
forward to http://www.legomindstorms.com/ again.

I even tried logging in (I have a page on legomindstorms, not that anyone would
know since there is no directory) but that didn't help.

I have also figured out that certain links within the /press directory work.
For example, you can visit:

   http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/whatis.asp

and see the page which would normally show up in a frame by clicking on the
"press information" item on the left.

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Munafo writes:
I can't get these links to work now. Can anyone find the image and post a new
link to it? Maybe someone who actually downloaded it as Tim suggested?
[...]

http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/

and go to the "download area".  Scroll down a bit, and
click the "download this image" link under the "LEGO
MINDSTORMS Robotic Arm designed to transport soda cans".
The actual image link is:

  http://nettvik.no/naeringsparken/lego/28.jpg

- Robert Munafo