 Robotics / 5836
Re: pneumatics & mindstorms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:40:11 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Rueger writes:
Has anyone here seen the high-quality photo of the
soda-can grabber 'bot that Lego has at its Mindstorms
site?  It uses a compressor and pneumatics for the
grabbing mechanism, and a full-size 8735 motor to
control the pneumatic switch.

Go to:

http://www.legomindstorms.com/press/

and go to the "download area".  Scroll down a bit, and
click the "download this image" link under the "LEGO
MINDSTORMS Robotic Arm designed to transport soda cans".
The actual image link is:

  http://nettvik.no/naeringsparken/lego/28.jpg

The picture on the Mindstorms set box is shot from a differnt angle, and from
that you can see the big air pump, with its spring still attached, is used in
the compressor.

Has anybody built this robot from the pictures? I always wonder how well the
compressor works.

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang