 Robotics / 127
126  |  128
Subject:
Charging batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:41:12 GMT

Our institution (a school) considers to purchase two Mindstorms sets for
students to work with. I'm looking for the best way to deal with batteries
in such a setting. I have seen some posts mentioning some concerns, but
would like to have some more advice, like:
- are NiCad the best and/or only rechhargable batteries
- are quick-chargers better or worse; depending on what?
- do NiCads have a 'memory effect'?

Any advice appreciated.

Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind