 Robotics / 176
Re: Charging batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 06:54:47 GMT

"Eric Brok" <brok@fcjsvc.hvu.nl> wrote:

Our institution (a school) considers to purchase two Mindstorms sets for
students to work with. I'm looking for the best way to deal with batteries
in such a setting. I have seen some posts mentioning some concerns, but
would like to have some more advice, like:
- are NiCad the best and/or only rechhargable batteries
- are quick-chargers better or worse; depending on what?
- do NiCads have a 'memory effect'?

There are also Renewal rechargeable Alkaline batteries from Rayovac.  They have
a special charger that shuts off so they aren't over charged.

Cindy Salwen