 Robotics / 151
Re: Charging batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 22:21:17 GMT

Even if Ardjan is the battery guy and he works for Varta,
it doesn't mean that Varta has nothing to exactly fit our bill. :-)

I'm talking about the Varta 1300maH AA NiCad battery. This is a super
capacity NiCad. Normally a HiCap AA NiCad from Radio Shack is about 800maH.

My distributor in Canada can get them for me in bulk, but I have to
order a minimum of 100 pcs each time. I THINK they can be charged satisfactorily in a standard RadioShack wallpack
charger (4 at a time),
no side effects so far on my set. I'm using samples for my Olympus
DL500 digital camera/battery loader. :-)

If there is sufficient interest, I'll look into buying/distributing
these for RTLers.

Comments?

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng