 Robotics / 126
125  |  127
Subject:
Lego "hopes" for Mac Mindstorms in '99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 03:00:22 GMT

Hi, all,

Don't know if anyone's snooped around the Mindstorms
website recently, but I found this tidbit under the
"Store" section (click on the image in the upper left
corner at http://www.legomindstorms.com/):

Macintosh version?: We understand that there are many Macintosh users
who would like to experience LEGO MINDSTORMS. We are truly sorry that we
cannot provide a non-PC LEGO MINDSTORMS product in 1998. Due to
overwhelming demand, however, we are currently developing products to
meet the needs and interests of the entire community of people
interested in LEGO robotics. We hope to release the first of these new
products in 1999.

Doesn't bother me too much, I just ordered RoboLab
for my Macs at home from Pitsco (the cable's back-
ordered, though, grrr...).  And with 68k support
from Dave Baum's NQC MPW tool, I won't even need a
PowerMac! (Well, after the firmware download...)

I had to chuckle about the "entire community" line -
what about Linux users?

-Tim

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/