 Robotics / 5870
Re: Temperature Sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 1999 23:50:44 GMT

Jonathan Knudsen <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3.0.5.32.19990728084539.00946c80@m9.sprynet.com...
I tried the first (which I happened to have), which
has the correct 10K @ 25C resistance and a
coefficient of -4.4%/C. In series with a 2.2K
resistor it still reads a few degrees high.

You might try a trim pot in place of the 2.2K and set the room temperature
to be the correct value.  You could later determine the trim pot value and
replace it with a fixed one.  I've heard that even the LEGO temperature
sensor is not that accurate.  +-1C should be good enough.  Thanks for the
Digikey part #s.