 Robotics / 5871
5870  |  5872
Subject:
Toronto lego robot challenge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 01:49:35 GMT

Calum and I were talking about this, a copy is also being sent to
lugnet.*.*.toronto

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:26:00 -0400
From: Calum Thomas Tsang <tsangc@ecf.toronto.edu>
Subject: TORONTO: Mindstorms Tournament?
Newsgroups: rec.toys.lego

A few of us have been talking about doing a Toronto Area Lego Robots
Challenge.  We've had Lego Get Togethers in 97 and 98, so it's natural
do another this summer!  Even if you don't have a Mindstorms, come out
and
meet everyone.  We're thinking Sunday August 22, 1999, tentatively.

The general idea we're thinking of is a game where robots pick up
marbles
of their colour and return to a nest of their colour.  Two play against
each other at a time on a 8x8' playfield.

Take a look at some of the ideas here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/

Please email your comments, ideas and questions and or interest.

Chris
Visit my (new address) walker and lego tattoo page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/