 Publishing / 4610
Re: Attention all RSS geeks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:18:13 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger wrote:
Well, as long as the content you're feeding it is pure ascii.  For
instance, getting LUGNET posts to be valid RSS was not as easy as I
thought it would be.  Making one for 1000stein would be even harder.
Dealing with charsets, embedded images and markup, all require thought.
And since RSS doesn't actually say how to do it right, we're all
guessing, and every aggregator is guessing as well.  Not surprising that
everyone doesn't guess the exact same thing, right?  :)

As for charsets, AFAIK ISO-8859-1 covers 17 languages, including English,
German, Dutch and French. Nevertheless, every news publisher should try to keep
his data within this charset when working with LENNI. I.e. I have to be aware of
some german signs that aren't covered by 8859-1, but I would try :-)

Leg Godt!

René