 Publishing / 4603
Re: Attention all RSS geeks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:12:28 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger wrote:

(a lot of very informative stuff that made my head spin a bit, although I now
think I know which Dan favors which does carry some weight with me, Dan's often
right, technically... )

So what's the net here?

Does this decision of whether to use RSS vs. Atom have to be taken now?

What are the consequences of choosing one and changing to the other?
What are the consequences of not standardising on one at this point and letting
individual sites choose as they like?

I guess I am interested in what the community impact is and what the timelines
look like for stuff. I suspect that the GlobalAFOL concall this weekend will
toucn on it, ne?