 Publishing / 4605
Re: RSS vs. Atom (was: Attention All RSS Geeks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 15:42:42 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dan Boger wrote:
On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:29:55PM +0000, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Also, you'd specified earlier:
{Subject, Message, Date, Author, Link to a related picture (optional),
Link to the original message or to further information (optional)}

I'd like to add things like Event Date Start, Event Date End,
Theme(s), Age (e.g. kids or adults or all), etc.

Is there anything else that should be added as a feature? Keep in mind
that implementation of these features will depend on custom-developed
XML generators and parsers/aggregators, so let's not get too wild. :)

Adding tags to the spec isn't "expensive" - and since clients won't be
required to implement support for new tags, unless they want to, I say,
let's think of anything we can want, and then decide if it's worth
adding to the spec or not. :)

Yeah, good point - I had my software developer hat on (lazy boy Kelly) and not
the Visionary On The Mount hat ("all that and a side of fries!") you need for
setting up something like this...

BTW, I'd like to make sure appropriate people are involved in this, including
and especially The LEGO Group, since I'd really love to see LEGO provide an
official calendar and news feed via LENNI.

Jake, is there anybody else in the company who you think it appropriate to
participate in this discussion? Or are you in a position where you are able to
act as an official LEGO voice, in addition to the many other community hats
you're wearing?

- Kelly