 Publishing / 4601
Re: Attention all RSS geeks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:02:42 GMT

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 06:15:59PM +0000, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
True, let's hope. Yes, I'm hoping LENNI will have a very firm
specification that is easy to implement - hence the proposed use of
custom namespaces.

Looks like Atom vs. RSS is a bigger issue than I initially thought:
http://www.lawtechguru.com/archives/2004/02/16_rss_vs_atom_continues.html
http://www.lawtechguru.com/archives/2004/02/13_the_great_rss_vs_atom_news_feed_debate.html

http://news.com.com/2009-1032-5059006.html

Just what have I stepped into? ;)

Heh, the biggest political fight of recent techies.  Used to be XML, but
that has settled down considerably.  I used to follow the fight, but got
really tired of it...  I did come the conclusion that Mark Pilgrim (of
the Atom side) knows what he's doing considerably more than Dave Winer
(of the RSS side).  But that's neither here or there.

Even after reading all that, it's still not black-and-white for me
to point to one over the other. I guess time for more reading. Dan,
thanks for bringing up Atom, I had no idea it even existed before
this, and now is the perfect time to decide core-level structure
for LENNI.

Here's one way to decide:

  http://diveintomark.org/archives/2004/08/23/kitten-fight

(warning, it IS a joke).