 Publishing / 4602
Re: RSS vs. Atom (was: Attention All RSS Geeks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:04:30 GMT

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 02:29:55PM +0000, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
Also, you'd specified earlier:
{Subject, Message, Date, Author, Link to a related picture (optional),
Link to the original message or to further information (optional)}

I'd like to add things like Event Date Start, Event Date End,
Theme(s), Age (e.g. kids or adults or all), etc.

Is there anything else that should be added as a feature? Keep in mind
that implementation of these features will depend on custom-developed
XML generators and parsers/aggregators, so let's not get too wild. :)

Adding tags to the spec isn't "expensive" - and since clients won't be
required to implement support for new tags, unless they want to, I say,
let's think of anything we can want, and then decide if it's worth
adding to the spec or not. :)

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com