 Publishing / 4212
Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 23:18:44 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Anders Isaksson wrote:
I enounter an anomaly in Outlook Express (6.00.26) with FTX-formatted posts,
as OE seems to think every such post has an attachment (showing the paper
clip symbol in the thread view).

This is not a serious problem, but a bit irritating, as those clips normally
has indicated a post I should not read (virus, large attachment, etc. etc.).

Sorry about that.  I think I can fix this tonight.

Opening the post doesn't show any attachments, there is nothing extra to
open, so I'm wondering *why* OE gives this indication. Could it be your

It's because of the "text/x-ftx" part of that header, yes.  Although, I
believe that the RFCs say that a client is supposed to assume plain text if
it sees a type of "text" and a subtype that it doesn't understand.  In any case,
it's not just Microsoft clients that are getting confused by this, but
also Unix programs like mutt.

--Todd