 Publishing / 4238
Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 17:07:54 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Steve Barile wrote:
   Yikes! I just posted a reply and all my text was moved to the bottom of the message!

Good! That’s where your replies belongs in a threaded discussion.

   Must be really painful on the smaller screen mobile devices! ;)

Not if you trim irrelevant portions of the reply correctly.

   I guess I’m used to the “replying at the top of the message” convention after 14 years at work...

Top-posting is a fine thing for non-threaded discussions, especially where the recipient list changes frequently and people don’t have access to the rest of the messages. But in a public threaded discussion group system, top-posting sucks.

--Todd