 Publishing / 4183
Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 05:41:08 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.publish, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   In lugnet.publish, Todd Lehman wrote:
   In lugnet.publish, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

  1. Mike Petrucelli
Hey my name no longer has dash but a number 1 in front of it!?
(*cough* *cough* always preview *cough* *cough* :-)
Yeah. Narf. Didn’t it used to automatically do that?

Automatically preview? How? Like you mean, when you press the Post button without Previewing first, it automatically previews? ;-)

Maybe I am thinking of paypal where the first time you hit submit it takes you to the reveiw page to verify everthing then the submit button at the bottom actually lets you send your money.

I think possibly the Post button should maybe be removed or grayed out at first (before you click Preview) to cut down on cowboy-posting. :-) But it probably ought to be a per-user setting, because I can already hear people complaining about it slowing them down. :-)

Of course. I guess it is easier for people (myself included) to not be block heads and hit the preview button first.

   I figured that out but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Perhaps it might be wise for me to remove the “-” (count-down list) paragraph type altogether. It was only in there for symmetry with “+” (count-up list). Who really uses that anyway?

Since the count-up list can take an optional index number, a count-down list could still be written manually as:
+3 foo
+2 bar
+1 zot
which results in:
  1. foo
  2. bar
  3. zot

Um... how is typing +X any easier than just typing X. anyway? I guess that’s just a cool thing to do for the sake of a cool thing to do. :-)
-Mike Petrucelli