 Publishing / 4236
Re: Announcing FTX for discussion groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 16:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Allan Bedford wrote:
   This isn’t the prettiest version I’ve ever seen, but a number of the ASCII escape values can be found here, including accented characters used in French words:

http://www.wswise.com/index.php?sectionid=43

Please note that the above chart is not an ASCII chart.

ASCII character codes range from 0 to 127 and nothing else. What the chart shows is the ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) character set. But it’s not even correct at that, because 128 through 159 are undefined in ISO-8859-1.

--Todd (pedant :-)