 Publishing / 4213
Re: testing in rtl...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 23:56:58 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Interestingly enough my Outlook Express with the AddOn OE-Quotefix by
Dominik Jain (http://flash.to/oblivion) showed your *shout* in boldface.
Also _underline_ gets underlined for real.

Hey, that looks like a pretty neat program.  If I ever go back to the DOS world,
I'll definitely install that on OE.

Unfortunately the Quotefix conventions for /italics/ and *boldface* don't
match FTX {italics} and [boldface]. I can't seem to find a way to change
this in Quotefix, maybe you could translate those when serving NNTP to me
(just joking :-)

I'm curious what Quotefix shows you for each of the following lines...could
you tell me what it shows?

   My *all-time* favorite /Star Wars/ ship is the /Millennium Falcon/.

   _N_ew _E_ngland _L_EGO _U_sers _G_roup

   *N*ew *E*ngland *L*EGO *U*sers *G*roup

The Quotefix program is really helpful for fixing OE quoting problems,
showing different quote levels in different colors etc., trimming sigs,
putting the cursor at the right place when replying, and so on.

cool

(Oh, and it will change :-) ;-) etc. to the real thing, if you let it)

You mean it visualizes smileys?  I didn't see any screenshots of those.  How
does it handle these?--

   This sentence ends in a smiley (because smileys are cute :-)

   This sentence ends in a smiley (because smileys are cute :-).

--Todd