 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7459
Re: testing in rtl...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 17:23:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Eaton wrote:
I assume, though, that Todd will write something up to filter them out
for those who actually have to read Lugnet via SMTP or NNTP, since otherwise
messages will quickly start looking ugly :(

What's ugly about it?  It degenerates just fine to plain text.

Does it? From the sounds of things it seemed like people who read posts via NNTP
or SMTP were just seeing the raw FTX codes rather than the real text-- is that
only in some readers? IE is there something out there that recognizes that

[foobar]

should change to

foobar

when viewed in plain text? (and ditto curly braces, underscores, backslashed
characters, etc)

DaveE