 Publishing / 4220
Re: testing in rtl...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 06:38:57 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.publish, Anders Isaksson wrote:
OE-Quotefix by Dominik Jain (http://flash.to/oblivion)

Hey, that looks like a pretty neat program.  If I ever go back to the
DOS world, I'll definitely install that on OE.

I recommend it! So far it has given me no trouble, only benefits.
BTW, Windows is no longer (since W98?) in the DOS world, the two have
separated. On WinXP you can hardly say you have a DOS world...

I'm curious what Quotefix shows you for each of the following
lines...could you tell me what it shows?

   My *all-time* favorite /Star Wars/ ship is the /Millennium Falcon/.

all-time   boldface
Star Wars  italics
Millennium Falcon italics

   _N_ew _E_ngland _L_EGO _U_sers _G_roup

   *N*ew *E*ngland *L*EGO *U*sers *G*roup

No effect. It seems the special char must not be embedded into the word. I
haven't seen any text where just part of the word gets modified. I also
haven't checked what nested special chars do, testing: *this would be bold
and /italic/ in the middle*

(Oh, and it will change :-) ;-) etc. to the real thing, if you let
it)

You mean it visualizes smileys?  I didn't see any screenshots of
those.  How does it handle these?--

   This sentence ends in a smiley (because smileys are cute :-)

   This sentence ends in a smiley (because smileys are cute :-).

Both of them get a little yellow smiley at the end (the period is still
there after the second line). This makes ( comment :-) look a bit strange,
but OTOH smileys *are* cute.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm