 Publishing / 365
Re: Case-sensitivity in programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:02:28 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <36cd9ed5.15435527@lugnet.com>...

I suppose it does, you geezer.  ;)

Oh, geez, now were did I put that cane?

I remember that my dad always wrote in a very neat, 'printed', all-caps
hand.  I realize now that came from him spending so much time writing
down programs for keypunch operators to transcribe.

I had the same problem right after I exited the purely computer room
environment. ( Are there any of those still left?  Maybe in lower
Backwatersville? )  I was forever explaining that the line through my zeros
and Z's ( How do you spell Z ... zee? ) was to reduce the confusion with O
oh? ) and the number formerly known as two ( 2? ).  I finally dropped them
from my everday writing to save me the hassle.  Now I write script with a
copper plater's pen just to keep things interesting.  What can ya expect
from ah geezer!

Roy