 Publishing / 334
Re: Lego Easter Eggs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 20:29:20 GMT

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:02:33 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

Don't know, never used Netscape 3 for developing web-stuff.  Does it
deal with relative paths to hard-drive files?[1]  If so, great.  I have
no further IE vs Netscape opinion.

All browsers (that I know of) deal with _relative_ paths to file:///
links. It's declaring your starting page as G:\web\lego.html instead
of as file://localhost/G|/web/lego.html that's not possible in
Netscape, AFAIK. And that is a Good Thing, because they mean exactly
the same thing, yet one is an URL and the other isn't.

Why is WordPad better than Notepad?  Because it has Replace, not just
Find.  And because it can handle files larger than 64K (not usually an
HTML file issue, but it comes up at other times).

Yep, that's why Notepad asks "this file too large blah blah"  :)

Notepad is better than WordPad because you can open a file by dragging
it from Explorer.

And because it's not suffering as much from bloatware syndrome. Yes, I
know calling Wordpad bloated leaves you without an adjective for Word,
but hell, I'll deal with that.

I suppose a *real* text editor would be better than either.  But I
haven't bothered to learn TextPad.

Never heard of that one. Maybe Winvim . :)

Jasper