 Publishing / 331
Re: Lego Easter Eggs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:02:33 GMT

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:48:49 GMT, jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper
Janssen) wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:08:49 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

I don't know about that--it makes offline web development much easier.
I edit pages in WordPad, so I'm not much worried about bogus references
sneaking into my HTML.

What makes it easier, than, say using Netscape 3, which is way faster,
and older to boot (which is a Good Thing for web development, unless
you're looking to limit your audience)? As far as WordPad goes.. Yick.
Notepad all the way. :)

Don't know, never used Netscape 3 for developing web-stuff.  Does it
deal with relative paths to hard-drive files?[1]  If so, great.  I have
no further IE vs Netscape opinion.

Why is WordPad better than Notepad?  Because it has Replace, not just
Find.  And because it can handle files larger than 64K (not usually an
HTML file issue, but it comes up at other times).

Notepad is better than WordPad because you can open a file by dragging
it from Explorer.

I suppose a *real* text editor would be better than either.  But I
haven't bothered to learn TextPad.

--Steve

[1] Prior messages in the thread indicated that only IE would handle
local-file references without explicit sourcing/pathing.