 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9304
Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:37:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Greg Hyland wrote:
a) Deliberately make simpler games.  Probably not a viable option considering
the general direction of the core group.

And the general direction of the core group being what? Not showing up? Not
bringing a robot?

More difficult games.  When posed the question at your typical post event or
monthly dinner, most people respond with difficult challenges.

I know this is a lot of work, but this is a good solution. I like watching the
events that are too tough for me, but I also like entering competitions. I would
show up of piperacers and connect 4, but I wouldn't be competing.

Okay, well here's the next question:

I don't mind organizing the backend of a competition for rtl15. but we need to
get some stuff decided:

-What game the "beginner" game is.  Is it a rerun of a previous rtlToronto
event, like marble sorting?  Is it a new game?  Is it a scaled down version of
the main game?

-Who will enter this game.  We can't do this if only one or two people want to
play.  It's not worth the effort.  History has shown us that people never tell
us they're coming either.

-We need someone to actually "run" the second event on the actual day.  An MC,
host, clear leader.

Then I guess newcomers like me will be losing interest in being involved.

That's an unfortunate reality we learned early on, we can't be everything to
everyone.  We can give this rtl15 entry event a try for January if there's
enough commitment.

Calum