 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9253
Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:01:11 GMT

, "Hey, my 'bot could do better if I changed this or
that" and the competitor would go home and change this or that and come back to
the next competition to see how the improvements functioned.  As well, other
people who didn't enter a 'bot in the first competition could see how it may
have been attempted and then go home and build an entry for the next
competition.

Yeah, then that would be like sumo-it'd get boring.

That said, the 'rice game' could be an event that could be redone, and there may
be more entries the next time it's attempted (seeing as how I ahve no weddings
on the 31st of January).

I think you'll hear a resounding "But really?  No!" if you suggest we redo Rice,
because that's the answer I got when I asked people to redo rice for the
November Hobby Show.

Actually, I wouldn't mind redoing rice, I have been thinking of ways to improve
my 'bot. Perhaps there were problems with attending the November Hobby Show,
rather than the type of contest. For example, I am planning a kitchen reno
around then. If we end up redoing rice 4 or 5 times, then maybe it would become
like sumo. However, several rtlToronto old-timers could not participate this
time, and maybe they'd like a chance to show their stuff.