 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9301
Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:52:58 GMT

a) Deliberately make simpler games.  Probably not a viable option considering
the general direction of the core group.

And the general direction of the core group being what? Not showing up? Not
bringing a robot?

b) Deliberately make simpler games as a side event.  Possible, but requires
someone to organize said event.  ie, Dave was talking about a rerun of
marblesorting.  So, someone go do it.  I will gladly upload a "secondary" event
ruleset as long as someone is willing to coordinate it and take responsibility
for it.

I know this is a lot of work, but this is a good solution. I like watching the
events that are too tough for me, but I also like entering competitions. I would
show up of piperacers and connect 4, but I wouldn't be competing.

c) Keep going with the "some are easy, some are hard, we don't know" approach.
ie, if a game is easier, then great, newcomers may enjoy it (like the pedestal
game) but large number of the games will be hard.

Then I guess newcomers like me will be losing interest in being involved.

-Greg