 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9282
Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:56:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Greg Hyland wrote:
There was talk on the BrickFest trip about having "junior" level events, or
fiding a way to make the event easier in some ways (like just being able to

I asked about that, but no one ever responded to me.  I even asked people to
write me privately should they feel embarassed about it.  But no one spoke up,
so I have to figure those interested in a more entry level competition aren't
there. Maybe if we advertise it, people might come.

How about creating a division/class for the upcoming event (does it have a funky
name, yet?) which would allow people to control their 'robot' manually?

They would be allowed to send signals to the device in whatever way they want
(wires or IR) but can not actually touch the robot.

Mmmmm.... This sounds familiar...

Oh yeah thats right, Chris was playing in this Class (sending a message 1 to his
bot AFTER the competition started!)

Hi Chris :)

Jeff VW

This is still much easier than providing them with a simple program.  One of the
hard parts to this will be scanning the board.  For some [new] builders, just
building something to drop chips may be hard enough.

Steve