 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9277
Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Greg Hyland wrote:
There was talk on the BrickFest trip about having "junior" level events, or
fiding a way to make the event easier in some ways (like just being able to

I asked about that, but no one ever responded to me.  I even asked people to
write me privately should they feel embarassed about it.  But no one spoke up,
so I have to figure those interested in a more entry level competition aren't
there. Maybe if we advertise it, people might come.

We also naturally find harder and easier challenges.  Rice was hard, PX was
hard...but the pedestal game was easier.  Live games are easier and a lot more
fun too.

Maybe I'll just have to get more in to trains.

That's what I did.  :)  As long as you blow off people who only want to build
prototypical stuff, you're fine.  Like, those guys who are all "Oh, THIS is a
authentic eight wide scale model of a EMD GP40X with HTB trucks and Locotrol
antenna in authentic pre merger Southern Pacific colours.  THAT is pathetic
rendition of a choo choo you have there...*" then yeah, trains is the way to go.
Even when it doesn't work (Dual DCC TGV) it still at least looks okay.

Calum
* - a free octopus for someone who guesses the reference.  Mario excluded.