 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9256
Re: What is shaping up to be the most posted-on rtl event in the history of rtl events....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:38:33 GMT

One idea I had was to have at least one fully working robot on one end of the
room for kids to play, while having two "live competition" matches playing on
the other end.

The problem with this is there's usually no one always ready for
playing--everyone's always tweaking something.  So as a result, we need someone
with an always working bot who doesn't want to be supercompetitive.  Plus
someone who's public-friendly who wouldn't mind showing library patrons how the
robot works and keeping them from breaking it.

I think this game is a bit different from most, in that quite often the tweaking
and tuning will consist of actually playing a game against an opponent.  Usually
human.

With that in mind, I'm sure when they're not playing against another robot, most
would want to run/test against a person.  That may be the best way to run tests
between matches.

The possible downside is that an entry may be in the middle of a robot/person
match, when it's his turn for a robot/robot match.

Steve
"Steve is way smarter than me" - Chris
"I applaud Chris for thinking" - KC