 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3885
Re: lube experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 04:32:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
[...]
** has anyone -- in RTLToronto or not -- taken apart the lego speed
counter to see what kind of guts it has?  at a guess, I'd bet the guts
to the "sensor" are exactly like the rotation sensor, just because they
(lego) would have a ready supply, and the head end is a dedicated pic,
or something similar.

See the following post on lugnet: http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=15548
or more directly, go to: http://www.wegmuller.org/lego and scroll about a
third of the way down the page.  I guess the speed computer has a much lower
resolution (3 vs 16 ticks per revolution) but then it's doing a different
job, and doesn't need to handle keeping track of reversing direction.

--
  David Schilling