 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3862
Re: lube experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 00:50:50 GMT

All this talk about Lube, got me to think......

So I decided to do a small experiment.

Everyone knows that I am a fan of measuring the speed of  my lego
motors.  i use the official lego speed counter.

here is what i did and found:

I took a worm to 24 T combo and put it on the counter.  the reading was
20 rpm

I then went on a quest for the Vaseline. I proceeded to lubricate all
the parts of the worm to 24T combo, and put it back on the counter.

the reading was the same.

this is a VERY informal test.  but it initially should prove to calum
that a drop of preventative maintenance lube will not "significantly"
change the speed of a gear train.

I will say that this would have stopped the dust.

Chris
Vaseline.