 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3847
Re: lube....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:21:59 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

First, a ban of oil or other lubricants is not to determine how much Lego
you destroy, but not to give anyone else an advantage.  Making the • argument
for using lubricants as preventative is weak.

Weak?

PREVENTATIVE CARE IS THE SOLE PURPOSE OF LUBRICANTS.

Well, with LEGO, anyway.

So you would mean to say:

"Iain's LEGO was less dammaged in that contest because he wisely chose to
protect his sliding members through lubrication. Therefore, he must be at a
penalty, over X, who choose not to lubricate and destroyed $20 worth of
beams."

In the same mindset, we don't
allow battery box hammers or arcing track points not because we don't want
you breaking those components, it's because it gives an
uncontrollable/immeasurable advantage to someone.

Do you even *read* what I say before replying? I'm talking about saving my
LEGO from being destroyed. You're comparing that to destroying someone elses
creation.

I invite you to be cross.   Somewhere we draw a line, and often those • lines
are drawn without public debate.

You just said "we", and pointed out that it's not a public debate.

Chris is the one who brought this up.

Who then, praytell, is "we"?

Sort of the line Chris drew about
strategic folding for rtl10-he just said, screw it, no one gets to call
their X early without finishing the X, though it was thoroughly valid
strategy.

That's not how we scored. Or rather, that's not how *I* scored. I guess our
results are skewed from Saturday?

One word: Deal.  Don't come if you don't like a no lubrication rule.

Maybe I won't?

    Iain