 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3886
3885  |  3887
Subject:
=UNISYS Icon's=
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 04:42:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
the new-at-the-time UNISYS Icon computers. They were pretty
stupid though. Something about a huge ball in the corner and an "Action"
button. I think I hated them.

   I remember those!!!    :-)
They were the standard @ my school during the early nineties.
My friends and I use to just hold down the action key for like
ten-seconds and then walk away… The computers would start ‘beeping’
for about 10 mins… lol so funny, such good memories. The teachers could
never figure what the problem was and always ended up taking the network
off-line.

                      -R

P.S.    I loved the scroll-ball!!!
Everyone in the class would see who could
spin the balls as fast as possible.    :p
And they made such a great sound…
A real woshhhhhhhh if you put some force
into the spin.

(I can safely say that nobody learned anything in those classes.)