 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3425
Re: r10 Project X -- Rules update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 01:20:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
At the risk of being wishy-washy.....

I like this.  It makes sense, and it address rob's concern. (right?)

example:

Time = time in seconds
+ 1 sec for not perfect block
+ 3 sec for "wrong" blocks.

(these penalty times are based on what i figure are real life)

a robot with a time of 40 sec, with 1 wrong block and 2 not perfect
blocks will end up with a a "time" of  45 seconds.

if the other guy finishes second at 50 seconds, with a perfect system
then his score is 50.

So if lowest score wins then the imperfect but fast bot wins????

comments???  do i need to re-think the penalty times???

I guess no one is going to cheat, but if my bot just say it is done at 0 sec
then my score would be 24 sec at worst.  So the penalty time for wrong block
need to increase - I suggest 6 sec.

Also how are we going to count the overall score?  Do the bot got one point
when it win a 1 on 1 match, or do we add up the time score for every match?