 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3407
3406  |  3408
Subject:
r10 Project X -- Rules update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 05:03:56 GMT

After a few days of discussion, this is a set of simple rules to
calculate  a score for 2 robots going head to head for the upcoming
project X games.

Way more info here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-022302-rules.html

-------scoring--------------

I'd like to suggest a 2 minute time limit.

Done first                 +20
Perfect block            +10 (studs down, meshing with cell)
Okay block                +5 (any block in a good cell, but not perfect,

**)
Misplaced block        -10 (any block not anywhere near where it's
suppose to be)

** and not perfect block is just that; a block in the right cell but not

perfect.  I'd also like to suggest that we can do a LOT better accuracy
then 50% of the cell wall. I'd like to top a limit of 25% or no stud of
a block can be on top of  a stud of cell wall.   that works out to about

25%.

---------------------end scoring --------------------------

I think this breakdown, makes for a good balance between fast and
accurate.  it is also easy to add on the fly.   in a few of my finished
simulations, this scoring favors BOTH speed and accuracy.  if you are
slow and accurate, or fast and not so accurate, then you tie.  this
scoring also disallows or comes close to stopping the entry of a
non-functioning" robot.

Ok, i've typed too much. UNLESS there are gross errors in the scoring
that people can see, that can not be evened out by multiple runs, then i

can ask Calum to call these the new rules. And post them to the page.

I would like to point out that 95% of the scoring ideas were hashed out
by Dave.   i just took it and ran with it.

Questions???

--
Chris
Pretend this says something funny